Monday, November 23, 2009

The workout

People used to ask me all the time, where do you workout, do you lift weights. No I tell them, never been to a gym. My proffession is my gym. I felt that what I did was hard work in doing what I do on those poles. I did a lot of tricks and things on those poles. I used to think of those poles as my weights, because I had to lift myself up on those poles all the time. When I was'nt pulling myself up, I was twirling around them like a monkey. I had a lot of fun doing that. Dancers would ask me "How do you do that. " I would look at them and tell them, lots of practice. Dancers ask me to show them a lot of my pole moves, and of course I would try my best to help them. What was sad about it, is that the girls that I worked with, was so much younger than me. They did'nt have the energy like I did. they were'nt motivated like me at all. I felt really bad for them, because they should be able to do a lot more than me when it comes to being a dancer. I remember the first time I started on the poles. It was the most funniest thing. Everyone stood there and watched as I started up the poles, I thought I can do this, this does'nt scare me. "Oh boy!. was that a joke. I got stuck upside down with my legs twisted around the pole. We were all laughing so hard. I was laughing even harder because I could'nt get my self untwisted. Finally about 3 of the dancers came on stage and try to help me and when they finally got my legs untwisted, I came down on them like a turpido and we all landed on the floor. Customers were just sitting there just dying laughing and said that was the greatedst show they have ever seen. A good thing came out of that. I got over 100.00 tip from the customers for it. They all looked at me and said, You are one brave young lady. I thought to myself, I'm going to learn a lot on these poles, and from then on, I would get to work early just to practice on the poles, and today I get the workout of my life. I love evry minute of it. So yes besides all the bad things that I have expierinced, I also had a great time.

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I bet that was work out, holy cow, you fell off of the pole on top of dancers. Keep up the good blogs. They're very intresting

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dolly, You have done a great job with yourself doing what you do. You have stayed away from drugs and all the other stuff that people have accussed you of. Be proud of yourself and you have done great supporting your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dollie i love your story about you falling. It was a great story to put into your blog. I can imagine how great your arms must have looked. I like it.

    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA. That is really funny about your falling experience. I'm glad you can find fun in your job. I't makes lives a lot more fun and enjoyable. Another great story though!


    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never would have thought about all the physical aspects of dancing. I bet you did have (or still do have) amazing arms--you were working like crazy.

    As I was reading about your getting started, I wondered what got you into this business in the first place. Were you a non-stripping dancer before? How did you know what to do? You must have had a dance background to have some grace and some moves, etc. I'd be curious to hear more about how you got started.

    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete