Monday, October 12, 2009

Beginning of my life as a stripper

I started dancing when i was 24 years old and was a very shy girl. Ididn"t ever think i was going to be a dancer. Well it really started with my sister Maria, She was 16 years old when she became a dancer. My father was diagnosed with cancer and glaucoma, my mother was just a nurses aid for a nursing home. My father was a movie projectionist and worked at at a theather in Ohio. My father had to give up his job because of his illness. After 2months he had to be hospitalized because my mother could no longer care for him.

My sister got hooked up with some girls that were strippers and introduced her to the business. My mother had no clue what she was doing, dont dare to let her know. She would have flipped her lid. My sister was only 16 years old, she used a fake ID to get in the place, because you had to be 18 years old to enter.

2 months had went past and my father died april 1, 1977. My mother became very distance and us kids had to fend for ourselves. I stayed in school and graduated. After i had graduated from high school, I met a guy, we dated for awhile and became serious. 2 years later i became pregnant with my oldest daughter which she is now 25 years old. At the age of 8 months old i left her father because he was becoming abusive and sleeping around but i couldn't take care of my daughter so his grandparents kept her until i got myself established.

1 year later i met another fellow that i eventually got serious with and moved in with him and of course i got pregnant with my son, left him too. June ,1987 my son was 2 months old and i was a n assistant manager for pizza hut. My mother would babysit for me while i work. After of putting in so many hours, she could'nt take care of him anymore because it was interfering with her church life. I tried every other options and they never seemed to work out. I would get to work late and was missing days to where they had to let me go.

I had gotten a visitor, it was my sister. I was surprised to see her. We really did't speak to each other much because she was ever hardly around. I was still kind of upset with her considering what she was doing, i was really hurt that she can do something like that. My mother had told her about my situation and offered me to go work with her and she would show me the ropes. . When i asked what the job was, her response was stripping. I looked at her like she had just lost her mind and sure enough i was convinced that she has lost it. She told me that i had no choice because i had a baby to worrie about and a 5 year old dauther. I could not believe that she would even suggest that to me, but i did think about it. Well she took me to the place she worked and i was so embarrased, girls were walking around naked, asking men for dances. My first thought is that i wouldn't be able to strip for money. I thought i would give it a chance and started working at the Private Dancer club. And that is where it all began.

3 comments:

  1. wow dolly that is a hard life. Im sorry about your father and your mothers relationship to all of you kids. You have to do what you have to do to survive in this country. Look at you now your back in school!!whoa

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there dolly, you have to do what you can to survive anymore. question for you though? did you try any of the public assitance sources for any kind of assitance? but like brit said be proud of what you have done now. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sarry to here about your family but you have definately picked yourself up and made a beautiful woman inside and out of yourself.Love Zane...

    ReplyDelete